You are currently viewing the first layout for this fanlisting, active since June 2008. I created and manipulated the layout graphic using a wide range of images and photographs, for which I am highly grateful to the original photographers for taking, and sharing them with the world. Please visit the site disclaimer page for more details on the use of these photographs in this layout. Otherwise, photograph identifications, and other general features, are discussed below:
- Howlin' Wolf: bottom left, subtle white outline image and finger-pointing, in Howlin' Wolf's usual howlin' style;
- Son House: (i) centre left, black and white photograph; side profile with a National guitar; (ii) top left centre, blue outline from same session;
- John Lee Hooker: top left, smiling, young picture against yellow;
- Robert Johnson: top left, just to the right of Hooker, cigarette in mouth, perhaps the less famous of the two pictures existing of him;
- Reverend Gary Davis: top left, just to the right of Johnson, a blue outline image with hat and sunglasses on;
- Blind Willie Johnson: top centre, a (i) black and (ii) white outline image taken from a concert poster;
- Unknown: top right centre, I was an idiot and forgot which Blues musician this was, and it doesn't help that we only see his back. My apologies!
- "I have the blues before sunrise, tears standing in my eyes / it was a miserable feeling, now babe, a feeling I do despise": bottom left, from John Lee Hooker's version of "Blues Before Sunrise"
- "Now run here, baby, set down on my knee / I wanna tell you all about the way they treated me": centre left, in black text above Howlin' Wolf's head, from Robert Johnson's "If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day"
- "You know, I didn't know I loved her / 'til they lay her [body] down": centre left, from Son House's "Death Letter Blues"
I hope that everyone enjoys this layout and the story about the Blues I was trying to make it convey. I know it isn't everything, and doesn't feature every relevant aspect (such as a highway, how could I be so stupid) but I hope it's enough! :D For me, Son House's expression was enough to make me melt with its precision.site validation